How To Install Google Analytics On Your Blog
While designing old and new websites and also doing a lot of SEO for different clients in various niches, I found myself installing Google Analytics on websites – more times than I can remember at this point.
I then realized that so many people don’t even know or understand what Google Analytics is and therefore see no use in using it at all.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free web analytics service that gives you statistics about your website’s audience, traffic, and demographics. You can understand who your visitors are, what they do when they visit your site, and what referrals sites they used.
Why do you need it?
In short concise sentence: it’s not only free and the best, but it’s also the industry standard. I do want to mention this though: both WordPress and Blogger platforms have “trackers” available on their site, but its nowhere near Google Analytics, seo speaking. What Google Analytics does is it measures your website’s traffic in great details. This is important to have especially if you are a blogger running a specific blog (fashion/interior design, food blog etc) – some brands will ask you for screenshots of your metrics to verify your stats. Therefore, it is important that you have it installed on your website.
How to install Google Analytics?
First, sign-up for an account. Go to Google Analytics I recommend that you sign-up for an account with the same email you use for your blog.
1. In your website’s dashboard, go to PLUGINS < ADD NEW.
Search for a plugin called GOOGLE ANALYTICS BY YOAST. I prefer this plugin because it syncs with your account quickly.
2. Select Install, and activate the plugin.
3. Go to ANALYTICS < SETTINGS, select “Authenticate with your Google account”.
A code will come up that you need to copy into the new window. Press SAVE.
4. Now under “Authenticate with your Google account”, you should see your account tracking code in the dropdown.
Select that code and press SAVE CHANGES. You should be all set.
- In your Google Analytics settings, copy your tracking code. It begins with a U.
- Then go to your blogger dashboard. Under SETTINGS < OTHER, you will see an area where you can add your Google Analytics code.
- Paste in your code and select SAVE. Google Analytics is now installed on your Blogger site!
Hope you found this helpful! Until next time, stay productive!